Adventure activities

Does your organisation offer adventure activities or do you organise trips to activity centres?

Before you visit an activity centre, check with the adventure activity provider that they have suitable liability insurance.

Ensure that you are happy with the safety precautions, the standard of equipment used, first aid facilities and that they can facilitate with any special needs of your participants.

You will need to check with your insurer if you need liability insurance for such activities.

Child safety

It may be prudent to contact your local Safeguarding Authority if you are unsure of how best to protect children’s safety, or the national organisation / regulator for the proposed activity in order to confirm the credentials of any third-party provider you may consider using.

If participants are under the age of 18, information should be provided, and written consent obtained from parents or carers. Along with written consent, information should also be obtained as to whether the individual has any allergies or medical conditions you need to be aware of. 

Please note:
Liability insurance will not be provided for some dangerous or hazardous activities. You should contact your church insurance provider for guidance as you may need additional liability insurance cover for such activities.