When selling goods it is advisable to check:
- all goods donated are in a good condition and safe to sell;
- gas appliances and electrical goods have been checked by a qualified person and labelled to show they have been inspected. Please note heating appliances and fire blankets should not be resold;
- toys are marked with a CE mark. The sale of homemade toys should be avoided;
- nursery goods are in a good condition and are as safe as new. Goods should carry an appropriate standard number and have details of a UK supplier or distributer.
- If selling second hand upholstered furniture the foam must be Combustion Modified High Resilient (CMHR) and coverings must be cigarette and match resistant. Any mattress must be BS7177 compliant.